When it comes to finding the perfect tennis skirt, it's important to look at things like movement, use, and fashion that fit your style on and off the court.
When it comes to silhouette and shape, you will typically see one of four popular styles:Pleated
- Great for moving around on the court - pleats give you tons of movement. Our Flutter skirt is a great option and has a compression shortie with ball pockets (on both sides)!
- Venus Tip: Pleats are my go-to for my signature twirl! Look for a higher-waisted option for good coverage and support.
- Fitted at the waist and gradually widens towards the hem. Check out our Fly skirt for a flattering fit.
- Venus Tip: Perfect for tucking in your top, so don't be afraid to try out a different waistband with color for a pop of vibrancy.
- For the practical player who isn't looking for too many frills. For a simple, classic, skirt, try our Motion skirt (a great longer skirt option, the Motion is 16 inches).
- Venus Tip: This silhouette often crosses over for walking and running. I love the versatility, like walking my dog (Harry) in!
- Skirt + Capri = Skapris! The perfect combination for someone looking to cover up more for sun protection or cooler seasonal play. Try our popular Outskirt Capri in black, navy or white for our skirted capri.
- Venus Tip: Look for an option with UPF 50 sun protection, remember your skin is your largest organ - so protect it!
Material-wise, top-selling tennis skirts usually come with a polyester/spandex blend, as they hold up well to activity and repeated washes. Here at EleVen, we have started to use a more sustainable fabric, that holds well, is moisture-wicking, breathable, pro-dri, and protects you from the sun, and so much more. It's called Repreve™ Legacy Jersey and our Repreve™ Tennis Rib.
PRO TIP! Always search for skirts with built-in shorts aka skorts! (Balls, or even keys, credit card for off-court activity) and always check for sweat-wicking fabrics so you don't worry about chafing. Every brand develops their own 'technologies' for its fabrications, so be sure to read technology descriptions and look for 'wicking' fabrics, designed to keep you dry and cool on the court.
At EleVen, our propriety technology was developed by Venus herself. Pro-dri by EleVen provides quick-dry performance & superior breathability.
Fun Fact: Venus changed the game in tennis skirts when designing the EleVen tennis skirt as all our skirts feature TWO ball pockets on a skirt. Game changer. Created by a tennis legend with true function in mind. Double pockets is optimal for lefties and righties alike!
Below are some of our favorite picks for best tennis skirts: