Staying fit can be hard, especially when eating right makes you feel deprived. That’s why we want to help you make eating right a little easier.
So let’s talk about one of the easiest traps to fall into -- the afternoon snack. You could go for that chocolate chip cookie the size of your face at the coffee shop, but you’ll probably feel pretty awful an hour or so later. That’s why we’re sharing a recipe that completely flips the script on this classic treat.
This recipe comes together in one bowl and about five minutes. Pop them in the oven and eat them while they’re still warm and extra-gooey, or exercise restraint and share them with your squad. Using chopped dark chocolate will create luscious pools of chocolatey goodness in your cookies, but if chips are all you have on hand, use what you’ve got!
You won’t find any white flour or refined sugars in our cookies, which can make you feel sluggish and bloated. Our version is packed with protein, antioxidants, and a touch of caffeine thanks to the addition of matcha powder, so you can get all the benefits of drinking a cup of green tea with the satisfaction of eating cookies. They’re also naturally gluten-free, so if you or someone in your family is sensitive to wheat, there’s no need to skip this dessert.
We could talk about these cookies all day long, but we know you just want the recipe. Read on for the deets --
Power-Snack Chocolate Chunk Cookies
This recipe takes about five minutes to prep and twelve minutes to bake, so you can have freshly-baked cookies in less than half an hour. Sounds too good to be true? We promise, this is the real deal.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Makes 10-12 medium-sized cookies
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon culinary-grade matcha powder
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup creamy nut butter -- we love cashew or almond, but peanut butter works great too!
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Prep your pan by lining it with parchment paper, a reusable silicone mat, or a light spray of coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla extract, matcha powder, BCAA powder, and nut butter.
- Stir in salt, coconut sugar, almond flour, and rolled oats until just combined.
- Fold in chopped dark chocolate.
- Using an ice cream scoop, place balls of cookie dough on your prepped pan, spaced at least 1” apart. If you don’t have an ice cream or cookie scoop, you can shape the dough into balls using your hands.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
We could call these detox cookies, but we prefer to think of them as a well-deserved reward for those times when you know you’re working your hardest.
Written by: Carina Finn