Pumpkin Lentil Lasagna
Posted on October 28 2015
'Tis the season for pumpkin and this vegetarian and gluten-free version from purely elizabeth is delicious!
Vegan. gluten-free, dairy-free.
*Recipe calls for vegan cheese but you can adjust to your diet.
- Pumpkin Cashew Ricotta
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 container gluten-free lasagna noodles
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup cooked black lentils
- 8 oz. shredded vegan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a high-speed blender, add pumpkin cashew ricotta ingredients. Blend until smooth. Add 1 tablespoon of water at a time, if necessary, to reach desired consistency.
- In a lasagna pan, spread a layer of tomato sauce, followed by noodles, pumpkin cashew ricotta, lentils, then sauce. Repeat.
- Top the lasagna with shredded cheese.
- Cover lasagna with foil and bake for 35–40 minutes or until bubbly.
From our friends at purely elizabeth, wonderful makers of delicious granolas and oatmeals made from ancient grains. They have a new cookbook, eating purely, stock-full of healthy, tasty food!